The Health and Sport Committee are about to start an inquiry into social care and support.
As the Health and Sport Committee embark on the postponed inquiry into social care and support, this short blog highlights a summary of the evidence received from organisations involved in social care and support. This evidence was received prior to the pandemic.
Topics covered in the summary are:
- Commissioning and procurement
- Self-directed Support
- Alternative Models of Care
- Integration of health and social care
- Human Rights based approaches to social care
- Community focus in planning
- Third Sector
The Committee have taken additional evidence about the impact of COVID-19 on the health and care sector over the summer.