This post is a central hub for SPICe blogs and briefings on the draft National Planning Framework 4 (NPF4). It also includes links to NPF4 documents and online resources published by the Scottish Government.
Members unfamiliar with the National Planning Framework may wish to start by reading our post – Scotland 2045: Draft fourth National Planning Framework – The role of the Scottish Parliament.
This hub will be updated as new SPICe material, which will support parliamentary scrutiny of NPF4, is published.
SPICe NPF4 briefings and blogs
- Scotland 2045: Draft fourth National Planning Framework – The role of the Scottish Parliament
- National Planning Framework 4: The National Spatial Strategy
- Aquaculture and the Fourth National Planning Framework
- NPF4 and the nature emergency
- NPF4: Mainstreaming Climate Change?
- Land, space and place: NPF4 and land use
- NPF4: Energy for electricity and heat
NPF4 documents and resources
- Scotland 2045 – fourth National Planning Framework – draft: consultation
- National developments assessment summary report
- Integrated Impact Assessment
- Housing Land Figures: Explanatory Report
- Regional Spatial Strategies
- Data insights for each of the 5 Action Areas
Keeping up to date
To keep up to date with our work, please sign up to SPICe Spotlight updates and follow us on Twitter, @SPICe_Research.
Alan Rehfisch, Senior Researcher (Planning and Transport)